The process of storing the data for reuse is the website cache. The web browsers save the copies of the web pages that you serve on the web browsers. When a user visits a web page for the first time, it stores its information. The cache will serve the same copy when a user demands the same copy for the next time. This is the best way to keep the origin server from getting overloaded. Web caching can easily enhance the significance of the page delivery speed. The backend server has to do less work to show the data. It will refresh the content after specific intervals. As a result, the visitors can get the freshet content all the time.
How to View Website Cache in Google Chrome Browser?
Due to its familiarity and ease of use, it is the most popular browser in the world. It takes snap chats of the web pages. You can easily view these web pages. Here, we will discuss different methods to view website cache in the Google Chrome browser.
- First of all, you can view the cache from the Google search results. You just need to enter the URL or keyword relevant to a website in the search bar. After that, you should click the enter button. It will show all the results. Now, you will have to select the required result entry. You should click on the downward-facing arrowhead. To view the cache, you should click on the ‘cached’ from the context menu.
- Google Chrome is also allowing users to view the cached version of a website from the Chrome address bar. For this reason, you just need to open the Chrome web browser. After that, you should type the ‘cache:’ along with the targeted URL. When you will click on the enter button, it will show the cached version of this page.
- You can also view cache in Google Chrome by using the Chrome extension. You can easily use the cached version of the page to view the cache from the Google cache. To view the cache, you just need to open the Chrome browser. After that, you should go to the Chrome Web Store. Here, you should find the ‘Website Cache Viewer’ extension. You should try to install this extension on your browser. To view the cached version of a web page, you just need to right-click on that page. After right-clicking on that page, you should open it by using the Web Cache Viewer option.
- The Google Chrome users can also use third-party software to view the cached version of a web page. It is an indirect way to get access to the cached version of a web page. If you want to get access to the cached version of a web page by using this technique, you don’t require an internet connection. Anyhow, you have visited this website in the past. Chrome Cache View is the best software for you. You can easily use this software to locate and view the cache folder of the Chrome web browser.
How to View Web Cache in Microsoft Edge Browser?
You can also inspect the cache data from Microsoft Edge. To inspect the website cache from Microsoft Edge, you will have to follow some essential steps.
- To open the application panel in Microsoft Edge, you should click on the application tab. By default, it will open the manifest pane.
- Here, you can find the available cache. For this reason, you will have to expand the cache storage section.
- To view the contents, you should choose the cache.
- Now, you should choose a resource. It will show the HTTP headers in the section.
- If you want to view the content of a resource, you should click on the ‘Preview’ button.
How to View Web Cache in Mozilla Firefox Browser?
Mozilla Firefox is also one of the most famous web browsers in the world. If you are using Mozilla Firefox for internet surfing, you can also view the web cache in the Mozilla Firefox browser. To view the website cache, you just need to enter ‘about: cache’. It will show another screen. On this screen, you can easily view the cache storage folders. Along with cache storage folders, it will also provide some additional information. It means that you can get an idea about the used memory. You can also get an idea about the location of the files. Here, you can also find ‘List Cache Entries’. At the bottom of each link, you can view the contents. You can also find the required files.
How to View Web Cache in Safari Browser?
Recommended by a dissertation help firm, it is the best web browser for casual mac users. It stores the cache to provide faster access to the websites for the next time. To view the website cache in the Safari browser, you should follow some essential steps.
- You should click on the Safari menu at the top of the screen. To open the preferences panel, you should click on the preferences option.
- Now, you should open the Advanced bar. In the menu bar, you can see the Show Develop Menu. You should place a checkmark on this menu. After finishing it, you should close the Advanced bar.
- In the menu, you can see ‘Develop’. You should click on it. If you want to clear the cache, you should click on the ‘Clear Cache’ option. It will clear all the files that are stored in Safari’s cache.
- In some cases, you don’t like to allow the browser to store the cache. Under such a situation, you should also click on the ‘Develop’ option. In the menu, you can see the ‘Disable Cache’ option. When you will click on it, Safari will not store files.
These are the world’s most famous web browsers. Most of us are using these web browsers for internet surfing. If you are using one of these web browsers, you can easily view the cache. After viewing the website cache data, you can also clear that data.